Sunday, June 23, 2013

Just breathe.

I was rushing to my car after my 3-hour non stop thinking, facilitating, and teaching (minus the run-walks from one building to another) when I realized I hadn't been consciously breathing in and breathing out. I felt that all I was doing was taking in all the demands and needs of the situation that I was in.

As I reached my car and about to open the door, I remembered to breathe.


When I took a breath, I was still in a rush to do it! I told myself, "oh what the city life does to me!"

It was only the second week of classes but I already felt as if I had been working for months already.

As if that's not enough, the heavy traffic, really bad air pollution, reckless drivers, and hotheaded motorists would welcome me on the streets of Metro Manila. I asked myself, "Is this really life?"

I know that there's more to life than this. I know my life isn't designed to just live as if I am a robot programmed to do this, do that. I am a human being. There's something that tells me that in the midst of all these human "doings" I am called to be a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment