Thursday, June 20, 2013

My therapist was saying something when my mind flew somewhere else and felt awe that God has made people like my therapist to "waste" their time and energy just to help those who can't seem to handle their emotions.

In this day and age, many people in my country still find counseling and visits to psychiatrist as something extreme - like you must be mad or you must be too weak that you can't handle yourself.

Even in my own circle, I cannot just open up to them about these things for they seem still sensitive about this issue.

But whatever and however people and society view this reality, I am thankful and really amazed that there are people who are blessed to help those who can't help themselves, helping them become productive and reach their maximum potential.

There are foundations and websites that have also made me feel less alone. They have been generous with kind and encouraging words that remind me to continue choosing happiness and choosing life.

Check out their websites:

ngf-hope.org
Antonosmena.mapuafamily.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for promoting my beloved Anton's site. Btw, I finally got a copy of "Prozac Nation." I haven't stopped quoting passages on my Twitter account. It's like Elizabeth Wurtzel speaks my mind.

    KateWasHere.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you. I see it, actually. I follow u on Twitter. Hope all is well. Take care, Kate.

    ReplyDelete