Monday, June 10, 2013

do you hear them speak?

It is just but any ordinary opening of classes. New faces. Old faces. Familiar emotions of  excitement, anxiety, hope, and even despair.

But one thing has spoken to me today - that soul present in each and every one of us yearning for something to happen. That something only our soul knows.

Over lunch, I heard it speak through the voices of different women.

I heard it speak when a new mother was saying how much she wanted her baby boy to be healthy even if it would cost her so much.

I heard it speak through a mom wishing her son would find a job in a foreign country and get back with his ex-girlfriend.

I heard it speak through a mother of a 13-year old high school boy and a 7-year old boy diagnosed with ADD wishing she would not get pregnant any time soon.

I heard it speak through a young woman in her late 20's hoping her man, who's of her age, would ask her to marry very soon.

They are all women. Women of different ages but with the same yearning - that yearning for some good thing to happen.

But isn't it something we all silently shout everyday? It's that same yearning that chooses no gender, age, race, or culture.

I heard my soul speak. I can't hear it. Oh I know, I hear it... it's yearning to be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment