Saturday, May 3, 2014

nature therapy


Days just got lonelier. Tears incessantly flowed from my eyes as I struggled to explain myself to a friend that "I am just not feeling okay," that my med side effect had one of its worst hit on me that I could not see and think clearly, that I can barely move.

The next day, when I opened my eyes, I resolved to make plans for myself - one of which is to make myself happy. I decided to go the local park I have been long wanted to go to. Alone. I was alone. It would seem or look sad to be alone but I prepped myself to be okay to be alone. I knew that to be alone means moving according to my own pace, without someone telling me to move faster and go home immediately. More importantly, doing things alone just to make myself happy means I am learning to not depend my happiness on anyone - not my family, not my boyfriend. I enjoyed the nature tripping. I walked along the pavements, enjoyed the sight of the luscious trees, and simply felt, alive and okay.




Most of the park visitors were the common people - families, friends, and lovers. But what I admired most were the families who brought their kids and let them play under the sun and enjoy the nature. I enjoyed watching them and eavesdropping their conversations. As I continued walking around the park (there was no map so I just followed where my footsteps would take me), I saw the sanctuaries for eagles! It was unusual for me to see those birds.

Philippine Hawk Eagle

White-bellied sea eagle


Philippine Serpent-eating Eagle

















The park was actually simple and not really popular. But I am grateful that it is still there and open to the public. For only Php8.00 for the entrance fee and Php15.00 for the parking, it is definitely a good escape for those who need breathing space, solitude, and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment