Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Existential question

I'm not such a fan of life. This is what I've been thinking since... I don't know. It just crossed my mind.

Oh maybe, it's because of the TV series "The Walking Dead." I've seen characters there that would just choose to give up and end their own lives. I see myself in those characters. In that TV series, everything around the living characters seems lifeless and hopeless. They would do everything and anything just to survive. It is literally, "the survival of the fittest." And not just physically fit, it's mentally and emotionally fit that is required of the living. 

That TV series reminds us of what really matters in life. All material things that people would work hard for, could just be put to waste when the inevitable happens. It also subtly tells us how our skills in this 21st century, such as farming in our gadgets, tapping things to control things (sounds funny, eh), cooking using electricity, and watching TV or listening to the radio as forms of entertainment MAY not be enough to keep us alive. 

The cave man lifestyle, which is already alien to us, seems ideal if we want to survive. There's the need to learn to farm using our body so we can have food to eat, to know how to hunt, and to produce fire using stones (maybe?), and so many things to learn so we can still be alive when a plague like that in TV series happens in our world. Or maybe it's starting to happen. I just don't know where. Maybe I am too concerned about my selfish and shallow problems to even care about more serious problems such as hunger, war, and poverty. 

My point is, when everything just seems dead, would you continue living or struggle to survive? 

No comments:

Post a Comment