Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Unloading

Have you had that moment you felt so desperate that you even consult horoscopes to "guide" you in dealing with something so difficult? Or maybe you bought all the magazines that contain articles that might help you? Or that moment when you just wish that when you wake up all's well but when you woke up, all is still not well?

I realize now, that sometimes, all it takes to help yourself get out from a difficult situation is to look into yourself. There are several things that I gave up, to help myself. I don't know how I came to that point but I thank God that I reached that point. These are some of the things or activities I gave up that have been helping me which might also help you to jumpstart a stress-free life:


  1. Facebook (FB). This social networking site, I realize, though it seems good for everyone but this is not actually for everyone. In my case, FB became a source of pressure for me to do better than others. It would also trigger a high level of stress to me knowing how this site has become a tool for infidelity and betrayal.
  2. Horoscopes. I used to subscribe to daily horoscopes. It was odd how for many times, the horoscope would seem to speak truth. Reading horoscopes became so addicting for me that I depended on it whenever I'd find it difficult to deal with someone or something. Later on, I realized that sometimes, what it takes to overcome a difficulty is a listening heart, silence, and openness to change.
  3. High expectations. Writing about high expectations takes more time for me to start. Maybe, this is one thing that I'm still struggling with. Almost two years now when I had too much expectations from a relationship which resulted in repeated disappointments, rejections and silent anger that pushed me to my limits. This completed the already brewing depression in my system. Now, I've learned to manage expectations. I'm still learning though. 

Giving all these up might not be easy. For others, they may not even realize these can be stressors for them. The key here is to look into oneself, know oneself and discover which of the many things that we do or that we have that should be unloaded for a lighter and happier life.

No comments:

Post a Comment