Thursday, March 19, 2015

Acupuncture for Depression

I have just started acupuncture to treat my depression. I originally planned to have it just to reduce all the stress points in my body. However, I found out that the World Health Organization (WHO) actually recommends acupuncture fore Depression. Also, I have long wanted to stop depending on medicines. 

So, I set an appointment with an acupuncturist just within my work place making it accessible for me.

The doctor explained how different Depression is for the perspective of acupuncture. So, he said he
had to check first if I really do have it. He checked my pulses in my wrists. After a few seconds, he said, "Your psychiatrist must be good, he's right. You do have Depression." I don't know how he knew just by checking my pulses. He actually explained but I didn't understand. I just trusted him. He said, he can actually tell that my Depression has long been with me because he said it had reached my kidneys when normally Depression would only reach the heart and the lungs. 

After some talking, I was then prepared for the actual acupuncture. I lied down and felt (but not really) the needles pricking certain parts of my head, forehead, wrists, legs, and feet. It did not hurt at all. 

I don't know yet how this will affect me but I am looking forward to positive effects.

Hooray to the no-medicine lifestyle!


No comments:

Post a Comment