Saturday, December 26, 2015

Pia Wurtzbach in each one of us

Miss Universe 2015, Pia Wurtzbach posted this on Instagram -




It started making sense to her. Maybe she meant all her struggles, her three tries to get to where she is now.

I feel so much for people like her - for people who struggled a lot and finally saw the reasons for everything. I look up to them. I want to find out how they did it. I know the answers must be - "Never give up, never give up your dreams, just keep believing, etc."

What else did they do? Aside from mentally psyching themselves? I'm asking these questions because none of the things that happened to me make sense, still. I still am finding out why those had to happen. Why? I wanna know and feel that all the struggles to choose what is right are all worth it. And for now, I see no reason why those pains are worth it.

I was once like her -

Pia Wurtzbach was once remembered by her statement in Star Magic Philippines (an agency for actors and actresses in ABS-CBN) that she will be one day Miss Universe. She also tweeted one time after Gilas Pilipinas lost in a game that "...babawi tayo sa Miss Universe.''

I remember before saying to my family that when people see me, "Uy, si (my name) yun" (in a delighted and amazed tone, of course). I said that when we were in the car and we saw on the sidewalk near ABS-CBN a news anchor walking. I knew how to psyche myself.

I also did dream of becoming the first lady governor or the first lady mayor of my town. Yes, I wanted to be a politician. I don't know what happened. My trials made me lose confidence in myself. I stopped trying. I stopped believing in myself. Eventually, what I thought and how I perceived myself probably reflected so much in my actions that people around me would also look down on me. I accepted those moments when they would treat me like I'm worthless. I didn't care. I got hurt, of course. But I just accepted that I'm really worthless anyway. For a looooong time, I lived with that. I think, I still live with that. But slowly, I'm trying to change what I think and how I perceive myself. I want to bring back my confidence and faith in myself. If I had those before, I want to even level it up.

Never giving up - 

Her win would probably mean so many different things for different people. But for me, she is one proof that determination to continue struggling, trying, and believing in one's dream can lead to its realization.

The realization of one's dream cannot be achieved without ardent prayers and surrounding with people who believe in you. So I guess, no, I believe, that with one's determination, faith, and being with the right people can lead to one's success.

Thanks to this Miss Universe 2015. It was not only a venue to showcase a woman's inner beauty. It also ignited so many dying spirits in women.


No comments:

Post a Comment