Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Waiting for me to happen

It's been four months since I last blogged! Just what happened?

The entire month of June, I was out of the country. I savored every day of the 30 days of June with my parents who I really did not grow up with. So you could imagine the clashes and all the adjustments that had to happen.

July was all about adjustment. I was longing for the places and the lifestyle I enjoyed while I was out of the country. Also, I was blessed to be accepted in a part-time job in one big university. Though the location is not entirely pleasing to my sense of smell and sight, it is accessible from my place.

In August, classes started in the university where I really "belong." Of course, there's not much adjustment in terms of preparation but the fact that I'm working for two institutions that are a bit far from each other (although very convenient to travel because of the LRT)  makes the adjustment for my body and mind more challenging. But I'm hanging on.

September was when meetings for my business venture started. This business venture makes me so excited. But it is also very demanding in terms of time. I'm blessed that God sent me people who seem dedicated enough to work with me until every thing materializes. This business is not for me, it's His. That's why I named it after Him. All these business meetings happened while of course, attending to the demands of work.

I started feeling weary when October arrived. Well, actually, that feeling started in September. I think it just got worse in October. So I decided to spend more time on exercising which would bring out all the endorphins - hormones that make us happy. I signed up for a 10k run on November 8. I have yet to sign up for a 5K run on October 25. All these runs I do because I would like to keep myself sane. By the way, last September 30, my really awesome psychiatrist just put me off from taking Fluoxetine! I've been taking Fluoxetine since 2012 and to be cleared from taking any medication for depression is really a milestone!

Today is October 6. More days to go before October ends. But now, I'm already pushing myself hard to do what I find difficult to do - finding meaning in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment